Do you have problems picking up girls? If you do, 9 year old Alex Greven seems to have the most simple and effective advice to give. Author of the book “How to talk to girls”, Alex claims to have tips to help you get any girl, from 8 to 80!
Apparently it all started whilst he was observing his friends, they would hit it off with a girl at the beginning of break time and loose their chill by the time it was over. So, Alex decided to write a manual to help his friends which ended up being a great success at his school fair.
Chapter 1 is named “The facts of life” and starts with the sentence “Sometimes, you get a girl to like you, then she ditches you. Life is hard, move on!”. Hhmm, life is hard, he learned this during break time in 3rd grade? I still haven’t finished learning that lesson and I’m 37!
According to Alex, “It is easy to spot pretty girls because they have big earrings, fancy dresses and all the jewelry,” he writes in chapter three. “Pretty girls are like cars that need a lot of oil.”
So what’s the great advice? I managed to find a few suggestions and tips from this book, read and learn!:
1. Comb your hair and do not wear sweatpants, it’s too casual and grubby and girls don’t really like it.
2. Girls like the smartest boy in the class… so work on that and then you got the attention of pretty much all the girls.
3. If you say hi and she says hi back, you’re probably off to a good start.
4. Stop showing off, go easy on the compliments and be wary of pretty girls.
5. Show off your skills, like playing soccer or anything that you are good at.
6. Girls win most of the arguments and have most of the power.
7. If you try for too many girls, you will have jealousy issues and will end up with nobody.
8. A crush is like a love disease, it can drive you mad.
9. Don’t act desperate, girls don’t like desperate boys.
Hee hee, I still haven’t decided if this is just cute or just plain weird… LOL